20 Great Ways to Connect to Your Community
1. Grill out for the employees of a company or business in the community.
2. Set up a grill, moonwalk, helium tank and balloons, video games, chairs, etc. at any community events.
3. Tailgate at high school football games. Give away hot dogs and invite people.
4. Volunteer at community runs and bike races.
5. Give out hand warmers with the church logo at winter events like the Christmas parade.
6. Show free family movies on Friday nights.
7. Help local schools with their fall festivals.
8. Take professional pictures at local school talent shows.
9. Visit a nursing home.
10. Be intentional about coaching a kid’s sports team.
11. Set up a free lemonade stand.
12. Have a free garage sale … give away things and invite people to church.
13. Have a free car wash.
14. Put out road signs on the weekend inviting people to at event at your church.
15. Take breakfast to school teachers.
16. Salt driveways when it ices during the winter.
17. Help with field days at a local elementary school.
18. Take food to the local fire station.
19. Cook team meals before home games at local sporting events.
20. Hand out water bottles on a Saturday at the local park.